Friday, September 25, 2009

The Bribe & Lessons Learnt

Once again, as I had expected, Nilesh was there waiting for me even before I had arrived. This only happened on those rare occasions when he expected something fun in store for him. Also, as I had expected, he brought Raymond and Vishal along with him. I was wrought by confusion the moment I saw the three of them. Questions riddled my mind. The major uncertainty was whether I would be breaching all protocol by taking these kids to my home. I did promise them a video and a car ride, so doing nothing was really not an option. And then there was the glimmer of hope that Nilesh just might get interested and stay interested.

So then I got them seated in the car and we were off. They seemed to love the drive and were also quite eager to see the video once we got home (I’m referring to the video that I have embedded on the blog post “My First Meeting with Nilesh”). Once that was done they wanted to play a few computer games (Unfortunately I had very few of those having lost interest in them quite some time ago). They had fun nonetheless playing Last Bronx and Roadrash. Once all this was done it was time to take them home.

Who was I kidding anyway?? What I’d just done was that I’d given a kid a chocolate and was simply happy too see him come running. How else could this be interpreted? This wasn’t going to have any long term effect.

My worries were not baseless. He did arrive the next day to meet me. However, I can attribute that to the after-effects of chocolate consumption. The days that followed showed absolutely no signs of Nilesh. We were back to square one.

Still eagerly awaiting suggestions. Haven’t lost hope yet.

Will write again soon. Tschüß.

No comments:

Post a Comment