Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let’s Analyse the Problem

What is Nilesh thinking? Why the sudden desire to throw away all that which he said he desired so much? Why does WYSIWYG not holding true here? The only bases for analysis are my three meetings with Nilesh and my conversation with Nanda ma’am.

One thing I can gauge is that Nilesh may have felt embarrassed by how fast his younger friends were picking up what I wanted him to learn, while he was struggling to do so. I did, however, try to reassure him that it would take time and that we were in no hurry.

Another point could be that all the interest he displayed was actually a symptom of camera craze. Maybe his interest lay only in the camera, his newest toy. In the manner characteristic of children, once his interest in the camera waned so did his attention. This raises a number of problems as it shows disinterest on Nilesh’s part to grab hold of opportunities or take things seriously (however, I do need to remind myself that he is an eleven year from time to time)

Or maybe it’s the company he keeps, as his mother tells me, all his friends have shown no interest in education, and some have even dropped out at a very young age. They’re probably encouraging him to avoid all of this and go have fun! (the thing here is that I’ve told Nilesh that we need only meet 5 days a week, for an hour a day. I’ve made it clear that he can still go play with his friends because play is important.)

Suggestions?? Ideas? Please…

Auf Wiedersehen.

No comments:

Post a Comment