Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Other Issues

         I have a little doubt. I planned to give Nanda ma’am and Nilesh some sweets & prints of a few of the photos of them that I had taken for Diwali. The issue is that, like I mentioned before, the whole point of this exercise is to get them to understand that no charity is involved here. They need to give back (just by showing interest) in order to receive. So then should I or shouldn’t I give them those things. Well that depends on whether the gesture will be looked at as an act of charity or just as a part of my wished to them for Diwali. I want it to be solely the latter.

         As far as their showing me interest is concerned, Nanda ma’am has stepped up to the plate. She talks quite eagerly, and had even asked me to have dinner with them the day I had visited. Nilesh on the other hand isn’t showing interest. But am I expecting a little too much out of an eleven year old. When I was at their home, he came around a couple of times, and refused to look at me while talking to me. However, that didn’t hinder conversation between all of us. Nilesh, however, continued to show complete refusal to meet me. (He was quite willing to visit my house to learn on the computer, but not without his friends). We’ll have to see where this goes. I wonder how I can manipulate (manage may be a better word) the situation, so that he wishes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment