Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An Update

Sorry for the delay. Weekends, birthdays and Deutsche classes came up. I had a telephonic conversation with Nanda ma’am on Friday, and we then thought of ways to proceed with the entire situation. Like I mentioned in my previous blog-post, we realized that there were a range of new problems obstructing our way forward. (The usage of the word “new” is probably incorrect as these problems were always there; it’s just that they have now been made visible for us to see. Understanding this is crucial as it tells us that there may be other underlying problems of which we are still unaware.)

We decided that I would visit Nilesh’s school along with her for a start and then move on to other things. However, Roabin wishes for me to pay all my attention towards connecting with Nanda ma’am as he believes directing my efforts towards Nilesh will not bear any fruit due to the erratic behavior he displayed not too long ago. Connecting with Nanda ma’am and giving Nilesh “the ignore”, may actually lead to him desiring more attention, and if that were to happen then we would, all the 3 of us, have this great connection. However, Nanda ma’am herself seems quite reluctant to move in this direction. She hasn’t really said this, but one can easily understand from certain words and gestures. She wants to move forward using Nilesh as the focus of attention. She doesn’t really know how to connect with me and probably feels awkward about it. However, she is not alone in feeling this way. Earlier we had common ground in Nilesh. She was his mother and I was the person trying to connect with him. Now when that “common ground” is removed we have to develop a completely new understanding of how we communicate with each other…

No comments:

Post a Comment