Monday, October 26, 2009

Preparation - Step 1

My readers (whoever you are J) may have understood, from their perusing of all the letters I’d sent to Saathi, that I have been asked to meet their Intern and Volunteer Coordination Team. I do hope I have not conveyed the impression of a tussle between me and the organization. The communication has not been easy because of seemingly contradictory points of view but I do think I’ve shown a willingness to listen to other inputs, ideas and points of view and Saathi has been very patient with me. I’m quite sure that the people working at Saathi have other important issues to deal with. However, the fact that a meeting has been requested is brilliant. I hope that this can be interpreted as a sign that they wish to keep an open mind and that they are keen to take things into account.

How do I prime myself for this meeting? I feel that I need to prepare to be bombarded with numerous questions, and that I need to satiate certain expectations (mostly mine and a few of others). And hence Terror stands in attendance! There must be quite a list of things that need to be done. Roabin tells me that I have the ability to do well at this meeting, and that all I need to do is hone or mould my attitude (with his guidance). Although I agree with him regarding the importance of attitude, and will give that part of it all my very best, I feel that the list includes more (that’s just me being my cautious self). I need to think about what they are likely to ask me at the interview and contemplate what I might say in response. This is one way I’ve always prepared for interviews and I sure can say that this method has a poor success rate. It’s a little difficult to predict what might be asked.

Well…first and foremost I need to take care of that guy; I need to take care of Terror. The question is - how? An answer I’ve been searching for almost too long. How?

No comments:

Post a Comment